The Mental Health Advocacy Clinic will be taking on a special project during each academic year. We will represent clients with mental disability who have been ostracized and deprived of their fundamental rights. On their behalf we will be seeking from the Cameroon of Justice system some form of redress. The work will be done in cooperation with several experienced attorneys.
The Project goals are :
- To improve the quality and quantity of community mental health services for persons with serious mental illnesses.
- To improve the quality of care provided in state mental hospitals.
- To insure that persons confined in state hospitals are treated in the least restrictive environment.
- To create a coordinated system of care for persons with mental illness in Illinois.
- To reduce the number of persons with mental illness in the criminal justice system.
- To improve the treatment provided to persons with mental illness in prisons and jails